Creonic Continues to Extend its Leading SATCOM IP Core Portfolio
Kaiserslautern, Germany, December 10, 2019 – Creonic GmbH, a leading IP core provider in the communications market, announced updates and improvements today, as well as new IP cores for satellite communications (SATCOM). The extensions complement the company’s SATCOM IP core portfolio, the broadest in the market.
Noteworthy improvements to the existing portfolio are:
- The DVB-S2X Demodulator achieves better performance across all Modcods. Performance was improved in particular for the SNR range below 0 dB.
- The DVB-S2X LDPC/BCH Decoder now achieves higher maximum clock frequencies and was, in addition, extended by BBHeader-CRC and Frame-CRC checks.
- A new version of the DVB-S2X Modulator offers support for the VLSNR (Very-Low SNR) profile, Frame-CRC insertion, variable symbol rate, and an optional IF-mixer.
- The DVB-RCS2 Modulator IP core now supports spread-spectrum waveforms.
Recently released IP cores in the context of satellite communication are:
- The CCSDS SCCC Turbo Encoder and Decoder allow for symbol rates beyond 300 MBaud on state-of-the-art FPGAs. They offer support for all 27 ACM formats defined in the standard.
- For validation purposes Creonic uses an AWGN channel IP core that we now offer for licensing. It offers parameterizable throughput and quantization.
More features and IP cores are on the way:
- The DVB-S2X Demodulator will gain support for VLSNR waveforms in Q2/2020.
- A DVB-RCS2 demodulator IP core will be released in the mid of 2020.
The IP core portfolio is available for ASIC and FPGA (Xilinx and Intel) technologies either as VHDL source code or as encrypted netlist. In addition, the cores come with HDL simulation models, VHDL testbench, bit accurate Matlab, C or C++ simulation model and comprehensive documentation.
Please contact us for further information.
Creonic is an ISO 9001:2015 certified provider of ready-for-use IP cores for several algorithms of communications such as forward error correction (LDPC, Turbo, Polar), modulation, and synchronization. The company offers the richest product portfolio in this field, covering standards like 5G, 4G, DVB-S2X, DVB-RCS2, DOCSIS 3.1, WiFi, WiGig, and UWB. The products are applicable for ASIC and FPGA technology and comply with the highest requirements with respect to quality and performance. For more information please visit our website at www.creonic.com.
Search Silicon IP
Creonic Hot IP
- Renesas to Acquire Panthronics to Extend Connectivity Portfolio with Near-Field Communication Technology
- Allegro DVT Acquires Labwise Ltd. to Extend its Compliance Stream Business Line and Enrich its Products & Service Portfolio
- Synopsys Acquires Code Dx to Extend Application Security Portfolio
- S3 Group Licenses Comcast Reference Design Kit, Continues to Broaden Its Portfolio to Meet the Needs of Global Operators
- Altera Continues Rollout of 28-nm Product Portfolio with Shipment of Arria V FPGAs
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
- Tachyum To Use UCIe Interconnect Standards In Prodigy 2
- 2026 All-Time High in Store for Global 300mm Semiconductor Fab Capacity After 2023 Slowdown, SEMI Reports
- Designing MPUs/MCUs with Functional Safety
- MIPI A-PHY Specification Levels Up In-Vehicle Connectivity
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Alphawave Semi Opens Pune Office, Continues Expansion into India
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|