Cadence to Optimize Digital Full Flow and Verification Suite for Arm Cortex-A78 and Cortex-X1 CPU Mobile Device Development
SAN JOSE, Calif., 26 May 2020 -- Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CDNS) today announced that it has broadened its long-standing collaboration with Arm to advance the development of mobile devices based on the Arm® Cortex®-A78 and Cortex-X1 CPUs. To drive Cortex-A78 and Cortex-X1 adoption, Cadence has delivered a comprehensive, digital full flow Rapid Adoption Kit (RAK) that helps customers optimize power, performance, and area (PPA) and boost overall productivity. In addition, the Cadence® Verification Suite and its engines have been optimized for the creation of Cortex-A78 and Cortex-X1 CPU-based designs, providing engineers with enhanced verification throughput.
To learn more about the Arm-based solutions from Cadence, visit www.cadence.com/go/armbasedsolcpus.
Digital Full Flow RAK
The Cadence digital full flow RAK has been finely tuned to provide optimal power and performance and supports both 7nm and 5nm foundry process nodes. The fully integrated Cadence RTL-to-GDS RAK includes the Genus™ Synthesis Solution, Innovus™ Implementation System, Quantus™ Extraction Solution, Tempus™ Timing Signoff and ECO Solution, and the Voltus™ IC Power Integrity Solution. Some of the key features incorporated into the digital full flow are as follows:
- Cadence iSpatial technology unifies the Genus Synthesis Solution and Innovus Implementation System to deliver better PPA and faster design closure
- RTL-to-signoff activity vector-driven power optimization enables designers to achieve lower power for critical workloads
- Simultaneous power-integrity and timing signoff closure using Cadence’s unique data model integrates implementation, timing signoff and IR drop signoff engines, which is essential for designing on 5nm and 7nm advanced-process nodes
For more information on the Cadence digital full flow, visit www.cadence.com/go/digitalffcpus.
Verification Suite and Engines
The powerful combination of the Cadence Verification Suite and its engines have also been tuned and used to support Arm Cortex-A78 and Cortex-X1 CPU-based designs and augment verification throughput. The Cortex-A78 and Cortex-X1 CPU-optimized suite includes the Cadence Xcelium™ Logic Simulation Platform, Palladium® Z1 Enterprise Emulation Platform, JasperGold® Formal Verification Platform, vManager™ Planning and Metrics and Cadence Arm AMBA® VIP, including ACE and CHI-D VIP and the Perspec™ System Verifier Arm library.
Some of the key technologies supporting Cortex-A78 and Cortex-X1 development are the JasperGold Formal Property Verification (FPV) and Sequential Equivalence Checking (SEC) Apps, which have been used in lock-step verification, checking across multiple cores for deterministic results. Furthermore, the Verification Suite’s dynamic engines have been used by mutual customers for verification and early software development. For more information on the Cadence Verification Suite, visit www.cadence.com/go/verificationcpus.
“Through our continued collaboration with Cadence, we’re enabling our customers to achieve more performance, efficiency, scalability, and ultimately, mobile product differentiation,” said Paul Williamson, vice president and general manager, Client Line of Business, Arm. “The Cadence digital full flow RAK and Verification Suite and engines provide customers with the foundation they need to develop next-generation mobile products with our Cortex-A78 and Cortex-X1 CPUs, which will enable our partners to transform smartphone experiences in the 5G era.”
“Over the course of the past year, we’ve worked closely with Arm to ensure that our digital full flow RAK and Verification Suite and engines are optimized for the Cortex-A78 and Cortex-X1 CPUs,” said Nimish Modi, senior vice president, marketing and business development at Cadence. “Customers are consistently under pressure to deliver innovative mobile technologies within tight timelines, and the collaboration ensures that they can implement the Cortex-A78 and Cortex-X1 CPUs more quickly and achieve the desired end product goals and quality.”
The Cadence digital full flow provides customers with a fast path to design closure and better predictability. The Cadence Verification Suite is comprised of best-in-class core engines, verification fabric technologies and solutions that improve verification throughput. The Cadence flow and tools support the broader Cadence Intelligent System Design™ strategy, enabling customers to achieve design excellence.
Cadence is a pivotal leader in electronic design, building upon more than 30 years of computational software expertise. The company applies its underlying Intelligent System Design strategy to deliver software, hardware and IP that turn design concepts into reality. Cadence customers are the world’s most innovative companies, delivering extraordinary electronic products from chips to boards to systems for the most dynamic market applications including consumer, hyperscale computing, 5G communications, automotive, aerospace, industrial and health. For six years in a row, Fortune Magazine has named Cadence one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For. Learn more at cadence.com.
Search Silicon IP
Cadence Hot IP
- Cadence Full-Flow Digital and Signoff Tools and Verification Suite Provide Optimal Results for 7nm Arm Cortex-A76 CPU Designs
- Cadence Offers Complete Development Environment for ARM Premium Mobile IP Suite
- Cadence Full-Flow Digital and Signoff and Verification Suite Optimized to Support Arm Cortex-A75 and Cortex-A55 CPUs and Arm Mali-G72 GPU
- Cadence Accelerates Development of Multiprocessor Mobile Devices with New ARM ACE Verification IP
- Cadence Expands Collaboration with Arm to Accelerate Mobile Device Silicon Success
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- CXL Testing Leverages PCIe Expertise
- Blue Ocean Smart System Unveils Chiplet-Based Products Powered by VeriSilicon's High-Performance Processors
- POLYN Introduces VibroSense, Industry-First Application-Specific Vibration Pre-Processing Chip Design
- Renesas Expands RISC-V Embedded Processing Portfolio with New Voice-Control ASSP Solution
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Mobiveil's PSRAM Controller IP Lets SoC Designers Leverage AP Memory's Xccela x8/x16 250 MHz PSRAM Memory
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|