BrainChip integrates Akida with Arm Cortex-M85 Processor, Unlocking AI Capabilities for Edge Devices
Laguna Hills, Calif. – March 12, 2023 – BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, today announced it has validated that its Akida™ processor family integrates with the Arm® Cortex®-M85 processor, unlocking new levels of performance and efficiency for next-generation intelligent edge devices.
Arm Cortex-M85 delivers the highest levels of performance in the Arm Cortex-M family. It enables system developers to build the most sophisticated variety of MCUs and embedded SoCs for IoT and embedded applications that require enhanced digital signal processing (DSP) and machine learning (ML) capabilities. Use cases include smart home devices, robotics, and drone control, secured system controllers and sensor hubs. By successfully demonstrating Akida’s capabilities with the Arm Cortex-M85 in a fully functioning environment, BrainChip paves the way for a new generation of intelligent edge devices that are capable of delivering unprecedented levels of performance and functionality, built on leading-edge technology from Arm.
| Ultra low power AI inference accelerator |
Edge AI Accelerator NNE 1.0
Edge AI Processor Architecture for Imaging & Computer Vision
AI Accelerator: Neural Network-specific Optimized 1 TOPS
“In order to serve the diverse and growing IoT market, developers require a new standard of secure, high-performance microcontrollers, combined with endpoint ML capabilities,” said Paul Williamson, SVP and GM, IoT Line of Business at Arm. “The integration of Arm’s highest performance microcontroller with the Akida portfolio enables our partners to deliver on this potential and efficiently handle advanced machine learning workloads.”
The integration of Akida and the Arm Cortex-M85 processor is an important step forward for BrainChip, demonstrating the company’s commitment to developing cutting-edge AI solutions that deliver exceptional performance and efficiency.
“We are delighted Akida can now seamlessly integrate with the Arm Cortex-M85 processor, which is one of the most advanced and efficient MCU platforms available for intelligent IoT,” said Nandan Nayampally, CMO of BrainChip. “This is a significant milestone for BrainChip, as it drives new possibilities for high-performance, low-power AI processing at the edge. We are excited to offer our mutual customers the benefits of this powerful combination of technologies.”
About BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY)
BrainChip is the worldwide leader in edge AI on-chip processing and learning. The company’s first-to-market, fully digital, event-based AI processor, AkidaTM, uses neuromorphic principles to mimic the human brain, analyzing only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition, processing data with unparalleled efficiency, precision, and economy of energy. Akida uniquely enables edge learning local to the chip, independent of the cloud, dramatically reducing latency while improving privacy and data security. Akida Neural processor IP, which can be integrated into SoCs on any process technology, has shown substantial benefits on today’s workloads and networks, and offers a platform for developers to create, tune and run their models using standard AI workflows like Tensorflow/Keras. In enabling effective edge compute to be universally deployable across real world applications such as connected cars, consumer electronics, and industrial IoT, BrainChip is proving that on-chip AI, close to the sensor, is the future, for its customers’ products, as well as the planet. Explore the benefits of Essential AI at www.brainchip.com.
Search Silicon IP
BrainChip Hot IP
- BrainChip & MosChip to Demonstrate Capabilities of Neural Processor IP & ASICs for Smart Edge Devices at IESA AI Summit
- Renesas to Demonstrate First AI Implementations on the Arm Cortex-M85 Processor Featuring Helium Technology at Embedded World
- BrainChip Tapes Out AKD1500 Chip in GlobalFoundries 22nm FD SOI Process
- Edge Impulse and BrainChip Partner to Further AI Development with Support for the Akida platform
- Renesas Will Demonstrate the First Working Silicon Based on the Recently Debuted Arm Cortex-M85 Processor
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- CXL Testing Leverages PCIe Expertise
- Blue Ocean Smart System Unveils Chiplet-Based Products Powered by VeriSilicon's High-Performance Processors
- POLYN Introduces VibroSense, Industry-First Application-Specific Vibration Pre-Processing Chip Design
- Renesas Expands RISC-V Embedded Processing Portfolio with New Voice-Control ASSP Solution
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Mobiveil's PSRAM Controller IP Lets SoC Designers Leverage AP Memory's Xccela x8/x16 250 MHz PSRAM Memory
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|