Bluetooth, Thread, and Zigbee controller for secure and concurrent wireless connectivity with low-power consumption
BrainChip's Neuromorphic Technology Enables Intellisense Systems to Address Needs for Next-Generation Cognitive Radio Solutions
Laguna Hills, Calif. – March 21, 2023 – BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, today announced that Intellisense Systems Inc. has selected its neuromorphic technology to improve the cognitive communication capabilities on size, weight and power (SWaP) constrained platforms (such as spacecraft and robotics) for commercial and government markets.
Intellisense’s intelligent radio frequency (RF) system solutions enable wireless devices and platforms to sense and learn the characteristics of the communications environment in real time, providing enhanced communication quality, reliability and security. By integrating BrainChip’s Akida™ neuromorphic processor, Intellisense can deliver even more advanced, yet energy efficient, cognitive capabilities to its RF system solutions.
| Ultra low power AI inference accelerator |
Edge AI Processor Architecture for Imaging & Computer Vision
AI Accelerator: Neural Network-specific Optimized 1 TOPS
One such project is the development of a new Neuromorphic Enhanced Cognitive Radio (NECR) device to enable autonomous space operations on platforms constrained by size, weight and power (SWaP). Intellisense’s NECR technology provides NASA numerous applications and can be used to enhance the robustness and reliability of space communication and networking, especially cognitive radio devices. Smart sensing algorithms will be implemented on neuromorphic computing hardware, including Akida, and then integrated with radio frequency modules as part of a Phase II prototype.
“We are excited to partner with BrainChip and leverage their state-of-the-art neuromorphic technology,” said Frank T. Willis, President and CEO of Intellisense. “By integrating BrainChip’s Akida processor into our cognitive radio solutions, we will be able to provide our customers with an unparalleled level of performance, adaptability and reliability.”
BrainChip’s Akida processor is a revolutionary computing architecture that is designed to process neural networks and machine learning algorithms at ultra-low power consumption, making it ideal for edge computing applications. By utilizing this cutting-edge technology, Intellisense will be able to deliver cognitive radio solutions that are faster, more efficient and more reliable than ever before.
“Intellisense provides advanced sensing and display solutions and we are thrilled to be partnering with them to deliver the next generation of cognitive radio capabilities,” said Sean Hehir, CEO of BrainChip. “Our Akida processor is uniquely suited to address the demanding requirements of cognitive radio applications and we look forward to continue partnering with Intellisense to deliver cutting-edge embedded processing with AI on-chip to their customers.”
About BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY)
BrainChip is the worldwide leader in edge AI on-chip processing and learning. The company’s first-to-market, fully digital, event-based AI processor, AkidaTM, uses neuromorphic principles to mimic the human brain, analyzing only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition, processing data with unparalleled efficiency, precision, and economy of energy. Akida uniquely enables edge learning local to the chip, independent of the cloud, dramatically reducing latency while improving privacy and data security. Akida Neural processor IP, which can be integrated into SoCs on any process technology, has shown substantial benefits on today’s workloads and networks, and offers a platform for developers to create, tune and run their models using standard AI workflows like Tensorflow/Keras. In enabling effective edge compute to be universally deployable across real world applications such as connected cars, consumer electronics, and industrial IoT, BrainChip is proving that on-chip AI, close to the sensor, is the future, for its customers’ products, as well as the planet. Explore the benefits of Essential AI at www.brainchip.com.
Search Silicon IP
BrainChip Hot IP
- Xilinx Smarter Radio Solutions Address Performance Needs of Next-Generation LTE and MultiCarrier-GSM Platforms
- Tensilica's Xtensa Processors Enable Next-Generation Mobile HD Radio Technology
- Darfon Selects Cypress's WirelessUSB LP Radio System-on-Chip And enCoRe II MCUs For Next-Generation Wireless Mice
- FuriosaAI Enhances Next-Generation AI Chips with proteanTecs' Deep Data Analytics
- Cadence Accelerates Hyperscale SoC Design with Next-Generation 112G Extended Long-Reach SerDes IP on TSMC's N4P Process
- TSMC May 2023 Revenue Report
- TSMC Announces the Opening of Advanced Backend Fab 6, Marking a Milestone in the Expansion of 3DFabric™ System Integration Technology
- Cortus Launches ULYSS automotive MCU family
- Infineon's HYPERRAM™ 3.0 memory and Autotalks' 3rd generation chipset drive next-generation automotive V2X applications
- Q1 2023 Global Semiconductor Equipment Billings Grow 9% Year-Over-Year, SEMI Reports
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Computex 2023 Reveals Taiwan's Critical Role in AI
- Arm SystemReady surpasses 100 certifications, driving standardization where it matters
- Cortus Launches ULYSS automotive MCU family
- Green Hills Software adds support for production-ready RTOS and tools to Imagination Technologies' RISC-V CPUs
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|