PCIe Controller for USB4 Hosts and Devices, supporting PCIe Tunneling
Creonic Introduces FEC IP Core Solution for SDA Free-Space Optical OCT V3.0 Standard
Kaiserslautern -- April 27, 2023 – Creonic GmbH, the leading provider of IP cores for satellite communications, today revealed its latest solution for free-space optical (FSO) communications with immediate availability. The Space Development Agency (SDA) introduced the Optical Communications Terminal (OCT) Standard V3.0 with the intention to enable interoperability between optical communication terminals where at least one endpoint is space-based. It targets space-to-space (S2S), space-to-air (S2A), space-to-maritime (S2M), and space-to-ground (S2G) applications.
The Creonic SDA OCT V3.0 Encoder is designed to generate Over-The-Air (OTA) frames in accordance with the OCT standard. These frames consist of a preamble, followed by a header and payload data, both of which are protected with a cyclic redundancy check (CRC) and forward error correction (FEC). A convolutional code protects the header while an LDPC code handles the payload data. The Creonic SDA OCT V3.0 Decoder performs the synchronization of the OTA frame and eventually processes the header with a Viterbi decoder and the payload data with an LDPC decoder.
| SDA OCT V3.0 Encoder and Decoder |
Both IP cores handle the required coded throughput of 2.5 Gbit/s and support code rates of 0.5, 0.67, 0.76, and 0.85 as well as the transmission of uncoded data. They are equipped with easy-to-use AXI4-Stream data and configuration interfaces for seamless integration. For LDPC coding, the encoder and decoder leverage the SD-FEC hard IP cores available on select AMD Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC devices. Additionally, FPGAs with a more favorable price-point can be supported by using Creonic’s soft LDPC encoder / decoder IP core solutions. Support for Intel FPGAs is available on request.
About Creonic GmbH
Creonic is an ISO 9001:2015 certified provider of ready-for-use IP cores for wired, wireless, fiber, and freespace optical communications.
All relevant digital signal processing algorithms are covered, including, but not limited to, forward error correction, modulation, equalization, and demodulation.
The company offers the richest product portfolio in this field, covering standards like 3GPP 5G, DVB-S2X, DVB-RCS2, CCSDS, and WiFi.
The products are applicable for ASIC and FPGA technologies and comply with the highest requirements with respect to qualityand performance. For more information, please visit our website at www.creonic.com .
Search Silicon IP
Creonic Hot IP
- Creonic Introduces 25 Gbit/s LDPC IP Core Solution for ITU G.9804.2 PON Standard
- MIPI RFFE v3.0 Delivers Tighter Timing Precision and Reduced Latencies Needed for Successful 5G Rollouts
- Bluetooth SIG Introduces Wireless Standard for Electronic Shelf Label Market
- Credo Introduces 800Gbps and 400Gbps Optical Digital Signal Processors with Integrated Drivers
- Creonic Introduces Microchip FPGAs as Supported Technologies
- U.S. Government Accredits GlobalFoundries to Manufacture Trusted Semiconductors at New York Facility
- MIPS Leverages Siemens' Veloce proFPGA platform to Implement and Make Available Capabilities of its New High-Performance eVocore P8700 RISC-V Multiprocessor
- Cadence Collaborates with Arm to Accelerate Mobile Device Silicon Success with New Arm Total Compute Solutions
- SDIC Licenses 8051 Microcontroller IP Cores from CAST
- AndeSentry™ Collaborative Framework Enables Comprehensive RISC-V Security Solutions
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Synopsys and Arm Strengthen Collaboration for Faster Bring-Up of Next-Generation Mobile SoC Designs on the Most Advanced Nodes
- Total Revenue of Global Top 10 IC Design Houses for 3Q22 Showed QoQ Drop of 5.3%; Broadcom Returned to No. 2 Spot in Revenue Ranking by Overtaking NVIDIA and AMD, Says TrendForce
- New Arm Total Compute Solutions enable a mobile future built on Arm
- TSMC lays out a killer roadmap
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|