64x8 Bits OTP (One-Time Programmable) IP, X-FAB 0.18μm XH018 Modular Mixed Signal
Arteris IP FlexNoC Interconnect Licensed by NETINT Technologies for PCIe 4.0 Enterprise SSD Controllers
CAMPBELL, Calif. – January 22, 2019 – Arteris IP, the leading supplier of innovative, silicon-proven network-on-chip (NoC) interconnect intellectual property, today announced that NETINT Technologies has licensed Arteris IP FlexNoC Interconnect for use in its enterprise SSD storage system controllers with on-chip video processors.
Arteris FlexNoC interconnect’s advanced data protection features are well suited to meet the needs for NETINT’s Codensity™ G4 SSD Controller. The Codensity G4 systems-on-chip (SoC) is the core technology inside Codensity D400 SSDs, as well as Codensity T400 Video Transcoders. Both products have very high bandwidth requirements, requiring the G4 SoC to interconnect terabits per second of data between on-chip subsystems, while ensuring data accuracy is maintained. FlexNoC’s unique benefits include:
| FlexNoC 5 Network on Chip (NoC) |
FlexNoC 5 Option For Scalability and Performance Critical Systems
- On-chip data path protection – Arteris FlexNoC IP’s parity and ECC data protection safeguard on-chip data flows in real time.
- High bandwidth, low latency for PCIe – Arteris FlexNoC provides quality-of-service (QoS) configuration options, allowing optimal use of high bandwidth and low latency block transfers.
- Lower power consumption – FlexNoC’s power management options allow high numbers of voltage and clock domains while enabling power and clock gating at multiple levels.
“Our Codensity D400 SSDs are the industry’s first SSDs supporting a PCIe 4.0 interface, delivering 2X the data throughput compared to today’s PCIe Gen3 SSD offerings,” said Tao Zhong, CTO of NETINT Technologies. “For the G4 SoC inside each D400 SSD, the Arteris FlexNoC IP supports high bandwidth and data accuracy between the G4’s on-chip PCIe 4.0 interface and all internal subsystems. Arteris FlexNoC IP allows higher bandwidth and lower latency on-chip communications compared to other interconnect technologies, while increasing our development team’s efficiency, allowing us to create higher quality chips in less time.”
“NETINT’s use of FlexNoC interconnect IP in their PCIe 4.0 enterprise SSD controllers is validation of the performance and time to market advantages of using Arteris IP,” said K. Charles Janac, President and CEO of Arteris IP. “We look forward to a long cooperation with NETINT as they introduce new technologies into the enterprise SSD and video transcoding markets.”
About Arteris IP
Arteris IP provides network-on-chip (NoC) interconnect IP to accelerate system-on-chip (SoC) semiconductor assembly for a wide range of applications from AI to automobiles, mobile phones, IoT, cameras, SSD controllers, and servers for customers such as Samsung, Huawei / HiSilicon, Mobileye, and Texas Instruments. Arteris IP products include the Ncore cache coherent and FlexNoC non-coherent interconnect IP, the CodaCache standalone last level cache, and optional Resilience Package (ISO 26262 functional safety), FlexNoC AI Package, and PIANO automated timing closure capabilities. Customer results obtained by using Arteris IP products include lower power, higher performance, more efficient design reuse and faster SoC development, leading to lower development and production costs. For more information, visit www.arteris.com.
About NETINT Technologies
NETINT Technologies is a developer of intelligent silicon solutions for data-intensive applications. Its Codensity portfolio enables enterprise, cloud data centers and content providers to deploy high performance applications that they can scale without limit, while minimizing their data storage and video processing costs. NETINT, founded by an experienced team of storage SoC veterans, is a Canadian venture-funded startup with R&D facilities in Vancouver, Toronto and Shanghai. For more information, visit www.netint.ca.
Search Silicon IP
ArterisIP Hot IP
- Arteris IP FlexNoC Interconnect Again Licensed by NETINT Technologies for Codensity Enterprise SSD Controllers
- Arteris FlexNoC Interconnect IP is Licensed by SK Hynix for Solid State Storage Device (SSD) Controllers
- Arteris IP FlexNoC Interconnect Again Licensed by KYOCERA for Enterprise Printing and Imaging Solutions
- Arteris FlexNoC Interconnect IP is Licensed by Ethertone Technologies for Enterprise Storage and Networking SoCs
- Istuary Innovation Group Selects Arteris FlexNoC Interconnect IP For Development of Proprietary Enterprise Storage Controllers
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Microchip Slashes Time to Innovation with Industry's Most Power-Efficient Mid-Range FPGA Industrial Edge Stack, More Core Library IP and Conversion Tools
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Andes Technology Showcases Pioneering RISC-V CPU IP Solutions at RISC-V Summit Europe
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Intel Foundry Services Ushers in a New Era
- Chiplet Pioneer Eliyan Achieves First Silicon in Record Time with Implementation in TSMC 5nm Process, Confirms Most Efficient Chiplet Interconnect Solution in the Multi-Die Era
- MediaTek Partners With NVIDIA to Provide Full-Scale Product Roadmap to the Automotive Industry
- Semidynamics announces largest, fully customisable Vector Unit in the RISC-V market, delivering up to 2048b of computation per cycle for unprecedented data handling
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|