Achronix and MoSys Partner to Target 5G Wireless and Broadband Networking Acceleration
Joint Solution Delivers High-Speed Programmable FPGA-Based Solutions
Santa Clara, Calif., October 26, 2021 – Achronix Semiconductor Corporation, a leader in high-performance FPGAs and embedded FPGA (eFPGA) IP, and MoSys, Inc. (NASDAQ: MOSY), a provider of both semiconductor and IP solutions focused on accelerating data intelligence to enable fast, intelligent data access today announced a collaboration to deliver a new class of high-speed, programmable, FPGA-based infrastructure solutions tailored for the 5G wireless core and edge, data center, and broadband wired networks.
The solution will combine Achronix Speedster®7t FPGAs with the MoSys Stellar Packet Classification Platform IP to deliver key building blocks needed for high-speed routing, compute and security solutions.
MoSys Stellar Packet Classification IP utilizes the Achronix Speedster7t FPGA's high-speed GDDR6 memory interfaces to add support for:
- 100's of millions of look-ups per second
- Millions of packet classification rules: both access control lists (ACL) and longest prefix match (LPM)
- Very complex, 10+ tuple look-ups at up to 480b TCAM-style rules
The MoSys Blazar Acceleration Engine ICs can also be easily coupled to Speedster7t FPGAs to add:
- In-memory computing capabilities using 25G SerDes lanes
- Up to 1Gb of high-speed memory to complement and expand the on-board FPGA SRAM by up to five times.
MoSys IP, together with Achronix FPGAs, can offload both high-end servers and multi-terabit switch designs to extend functionality and capacity as well as reduce latency for critical look-up functions, all at much lower power when compared to CPU-only based solutions. Combining Achronix Speedster7t FPGAs and MoSys Stellar Packet Classification IP will improve the performance of a wide range of applications and services for cloud data center operators, 5G mobile telecom service providers, government, and research organizations.
With the first Speedster7t device now shipping, the 7t1500 provides:
- 692k look-up-tables (LUTs)
- 195 Mb of memory
- Four 400G Ethernet interfaces
- Two PCIe Gen5 interfaces
- Eight GDDR6 memory interfaces
- High-bandwidth 2D network on chip (2D NoC)
The Speedster7t family are the only FPGAs with a 2D NoC which helps to support high-speed data transfers from external data interfaces to the FPGA's internal logic, delivering a total bandwidth of greater than 20 Tbps.
Steve Mensor, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, at Achronix Semiconductor, said, "Achronix is excited to partner with MoSys, Inc. to provide high-performance routing and security solutions to our global customer base. MoSys’s industry-leading packet classification solutions combined with our Speedster7t FPGAs create the ideal platform for the most demanding data acceleration applications."
“Achronix Speedster7t FPGAs are ideally suited to hosting our very high-speed look-up IP. Now, 5G UPF core and edge routing solutions using LPM look-ups and security solutions, including network firewalls and anti-DDoS applications can use complex access control lists to process traffic at unprecedented performance levels,” Dan Lewis, CEO of MoSys, Inc., said. “The Achronix architecture is truly optimized for on- and off-chip networking and, by combining their FPGAs with our Stellar Packet Classification IP and software, will bring a compelling solution to our shared customers in the networking and communications markets.”
About MoSys, Inc.
MoSys, Inc. (NASDAQ:MOSY) is focused on accelerating data intelligence and provides both semiconductor and IP solutions that enable fast, intelligent data access and decision making for a wide range of markets, including cloud networking, security, 5G networks, SmartNIC, test and measurement, and video systems. MoSys’s Quazar family of high-speed memories and the Blazar family of accelerator engines are memory integrated circuits with unmatched intelligence, performance and capacity that eliminate data access bottlenecks to deliver speed and intelligence in systems, including those scaling from 100G to multi-terabits per second. MoSys’s Stellar family of virtual accelerator engines includes its packet classification platforms for LPM and ACL-based applications embedded in ASICs and FPGAs. This IP accelerates applications and is portable across many hardware configurations with or without MoSys silicon chips. More information is available at: MoSys.
About Achronix Semiconductor Corporation
Achronix Semiconductor Corporation is a fabless semiconductor corporation based in Santa Clara, California, offering high-end FPGA-based data acceleration solutions, designed to address high-performance, compute-intensive and real-time processing applications. Achronix is the only supplier to have both high-performance and high-density standalone FPGAs and licensed eFPGA IP solutions. Achronix Speedster®7t FPGA and Speedcore™ eFPGA IP offerings are further enhanced by ready-to-use VectorPath™ accelerator cards targeting AI, machine learning, networking and data center applications. All Achronix products are fully supported by the Achronix Tool Suite which enables customers to quickly develop their own custom applications.
Achronix has a global footprint, with sales and design teams across the U.S., Europe and Asia. For more information, please visit www.achronix.com.
Search Silicon IP
- Achronix and Napatech Partner to Target Data Center Networking
- Achronix and Signoff Semiconductors Partner for AI/ML FPGA and eFPGA IP Design Services
- SoftBank and EdgeCortix Partner to Jointly Realize Low-latency and Highly Energy-efficient 5G Wireless Accelerators
- Achronix Announces Speedster7t AC7t1500 FPGA General Availability
- Achronix Acquires Key IP and Expertise from FPGA Networking Solutions Leader Accolade Technology
- Cortus Launches ULYSS automotive MCU family
- Infineon's HYPERRAM™ 3.0 memory and Autotalks' 3rd generation chipset drive next-generation automotive V2X applications
- Q1 2023 Global Semiconductor Equipment Billings Grow 9% Year-Over-Year, SEMI Reports
- Computex 2023 Reveals Taiwan's Critical Role in AI
- Leading Aerospace and Defense Company purchases Interlaken IP core from Comcores
- Green Hills Software adds support for production-ready RTOS and tools to Imagination Technologies' RISC-V CPUs
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Arm SystemReady surpasses 100 certifications, driving standardization where it matters
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|