Automotive Functional Safety with DCD's CAN ALL IP Core
Bytom, Poland -- April 14, 2022 -- DCD-SEMI, leading IP Core provider and SoC design house from Poland mastered unique CAN ALL IP Core with Functional Safety for GuardKnox, an Israeli based company with subsidiary locations in Munich, Germany, and Detroit, Michigan –integrated DCD’s CAN IP Core as part of their CommEngine product- a holistic solution for communication routing and switching capabilities.
DCD’s CAN IP Core’s been developed as ISO26262-10 Safety Element out of Context. - It can optionally be improved by necessary safety mechanisms and provide detailed safety documentation – says Jacek Hanke, DCD’s CEO - all ISO26262 soft IP SEooC required work products, include complete Failure Modes Effects and Detection Analysis FMEDA analysis with step-by-step instruction to help to integrate the IP into the target system and to conduct the system-level safety analysis.
The GuardKnox CommEngine™ implements Zonal Gateway (Zone Controller) functionality to enable high-performance and cost-effective communication routing using a single-chip solution. The safe and secure design performs routing actions in hardware to enable ultra-low latency with multi-gigabit bandwidth, addressing current automotive needs in connectivity and scalability. - The GuardKnox CommEngine™ integrates DCD’s CAN IP Core as part of a holistic solution for communication routing and switching capabilities – adds Hanke.
The GuardKnox CommEngine™ supports automotive communications and enables PDU routing over different types of communication protocols. Custom interfaces such as digital sensor interfaces, analog sensor interfaces, SPI, I2C, etc. are also supported as well as the ability to transfer these interfaces into internal PDU.
DCD-SEMI’s CAN ALL IP Core is a sophisticated solution, that has been developed as ISO26262-10 Safety Element out of Context. All the safety-related work products were checked by an independent third-party audit.
The conducted safety analysis depicts that the safety metrics are fulfilled and both IPs reach the Automotive Safety Integrity Level ASIL-B (Single Point Fault Metric SPFM > 90%, Latent Fault Metric LFM > 60%). DCD-SEMI delivers a complete FMEDA analysis with step-by-step instruction to help to integrate the IP into the customer’s system and to conduct the system-level safety analysis.
Cooperation between DCD-SEMI and GuardKnox was possible thanks to Approach Ventures, managed by Mr. Ariel Popper, DCD's business representative in Israel. Approach Ventures has proven track record through the years in technology transfer, entrepreneurship, consultancy, and business management.
More information: www.dcd-semi.com
DCD-SEMI hastwo decades of IP market experience. The company was founded in 1999 in Bytom, Poland and has mastered more than 70 different architectures, among them the World’s Fastest 8051 CPU, Royalty-Free and Fully Scalable 32-bit CPU and 100% cryptographic system. Automotive IP Cores designed by DCD-SEMI are offered as CAN ALL package – a tailored made IP Core which have been successfully implemented by dozens of automotive companies such as VW, Toyota and now, GuardKnox. More information can be found at: www.dcd-semi.com, www.cfdsemi.com and www.crypt-one.com.
Search Silicon IP
Digital Core Design Hot IP
- DCD Presents RISC-V, Automotive & Cyber during Embedded World 2023
- Andes Technology and Parasoft Collaborate to Provide Seamless Software Testing Tools for Automotive Functional Safety Applications
- IAR Systems' Functional Safety Certified Development Tools for RISC-V support latest SiFive Automotive Solutions
- VeriSilicon's Chip Design Process Obtains ISO 26262 Automotive Functional Safety Management System Certification
- Andes and IAR Systems Enable Leading Automotive-Focused IC Design Companies to Accelerate Time to Market
- 2026 All-Time High in Store for Global 300mm Semiconductor Fab Capacity After 2023 Slowdown, SEMI Reports
- Designing MPUs/MCUs with Functional Safety
- Sensor Fusion Explores AI to Prep for ADAS, AV Designs
- MIPI A-PHY Specification Levels Up In-Vehicle Connectivity
- Bluetooth Dual Mode V5.3 RF Transceiver IP Cores in 22nm ULP is Available for Immediate Licensing for Smart Audio Chipsets
- OPENEDGES Completes the Tapeout of the 7nm HBM3 Memory Subsystem (PHY & Memory Controller) Test chip
- Verisity Announces Specman Elite Version 4
- BrainChip Begins Taking Orders of Akida AI Processor Development Kits
- Renesas to Acquire Panthronics to Extend Connectivity Portfolio with Near-Field Communication Technology
- SoftBank and EdgeCortix Partner to Jointly Realize Low-latency and Highly Energy-efficient 5G Wireless Accelerators
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|