eDisplay Port Tx PHY and Controller IP Cores in 12FFC and 40ULP for an immersive UHD experience at 8K
Dec 26, 2022 -- T2M-IP, the global independent semiconductor IP Cores provider & Technology experts, is pleased to announce the immediate availability of its partner’s VESA standard eDisplay Port / Display Port v1.4 Tx PHY IP Cores in 40nm ULP and 12nm FFC matching Controllers which are silicon proven in major Fabs with minimal power usage and excellent efficiency for a true UHD experience.
Display Port 1.4 Tx PHY and Controller IP cores applies a visually lossless compression system with the help of DSC (Display Stream Compression) and FEC (Forward Error Correction) to achieve an 8K UHD display at 60Hz. With a transmitter PHY supporting 1.62Gbps (RBR) to 8.1Gbps (HBR3) data rates, T2M-IP's DisplayPort version 1.4 compliant Core is a robust, yet energy-efficient, with programmable analogue features, such as inbuilt 100-ohm termination resistors with common-mode biassing and an integrated equalisation with variable strength, make it less energy-intensive.
Higher resolution utilising fewer pins is made possible by the packetized data transfer of the eDisplay Port/Display Port v1.4 Tx in 12FFC and 40ULP process technologies. The DisplayPort 1.4 standard allows for the transmission of Ultra High Definition (UHD) and High Dynamic Range (HDR) video streams through a single DisplayPort interface for high-end display applications with 8K resolution. It also supports HDCP1.4, HDCP2.2, and DSC's bandwidth reduction.
With the extra benefit of backward compatibility, the eDP version 1.4a / DP version 1.4 compliant transmitter enables forward error correction and has customizable (4/2/1) link channels. It also has one AUX channel. Additionally, it supports all advised link rates and bit rates of 1.62/2.7/5.4/8.1Gbps (HBR3). It permits main link operation with 1, 2, or 4 lanes, which may handle the following: SST mode; Normal and Alternate Scrambler Seed Reset; Enhanced and Default Framing Mode. Additionally, our IP Core has Configuration registers that may be programmed using the AMBA interface.
eDisplay Port / Display Port v1.4 Tx Controller and PHY IP cores with a clear lossless video compression technology that multiplies the DisplayPort data transfer capacity and has been used in semiconductor industry’s computing, digital displays, monitors, TVs and other consumer electronics.
In addition to Display Port/eDisplay Port IP Cores, T2M‘s broad silicon Interface IP Core Portfolio includes USB, HDMI, MIPI (CSI, DSI, UniPro, UFS, Soundwire, I3C), PCIe, DDR, 10/100/1000 Ethernet, V by One, programmable SerDes, Serial ATA and many more, available in major Fabs in process geometries as small as 7nm. They can also be ported to other foundries and leading-edge processes nodes on request.
About T2M: T2M-IP is the global independent semiconductor technology experts, supplying complex semiconductor IP Cores, Software, KGD and disruptive technologies enabling accelerated development of your Wearables, IOT, Communications, Storage, Servers, Networking, TV, STB and Satellite SoCs. For more information, please visit: www.t-2-m.com
Availability: These Semiconductor Interface IP Cores are available for immediate licensing either stand alone or with pre-integrated Controllers and PHYs. For more information on licensing options and pricing please drop a request / MailTo
Search Silicon IP
T2M Hot IP
- Bluetooth Dual Mode v5.3 / IEEE 15.4 PHY/RF IP in TSMC22 ULP
- GNSS Ultra low power (GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, Beidou3, QZSS, IRNSS, SBAS) Digital ...
- USB 3.0/ PCIe 2.0/ SATA 3.0 Combo PHY IP, Silicon Proven in TSMC 28HPC+
- DVB-S2X WideBand Demodulator & Decoder IP (Silicon Proven)
- MIPI D-PHY Tx IP, Silicon Proven in TSMC 22ULP
- eDisplay Port / Display Port v1.4 Tx PHY and Controller IP in 40ULP and 12FFC process nodes for lagless and pure UHD Displays is available for immediate licensing
- eDisplay Port / Display Port v1.4 Tx PHY and Controller IP Cores is available in 40nm ULP and 12nm FFC for your picture perfect UHD, 8K, 4K Display Applications
- eDisplay Port/Display Port v1.4 Tx PHY and Controller IP Cores in 12FFC and 40LP for cutting edge display applications is available for immediate licensing
- Display Port/eDisplay Port v.1.4 Tx-Rx PHY & Controller Silicon Proven IP Cores with high Bandwidth and 4K/8K Resolution is ready for immediate licensing
- Unveiling the Future of Home Entertainment: a truly immersive Multimedia experience through HDMI 1.4 Tx-Rx PHY and Controller IP Cores
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- CXL Testing Leverages PCIe Expertise
- Blue Ocean Smart System Unveils Chiplet-Based Products Powered by VeriSilicon's High-Performance Processors
- POLYN Introduces VibroSense, Industry-First Application-Specific Vibration Pre-Processing Chip Design
- Renesas Expands RISC-V Embedded Processing Portfolio with New Voice-Control ASSP Solution
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Mobiveil's PSRAM Controller IP Lets SoC Designers Leverage AP Memory's Xccela x8/x16 250 MHz PSRAM Memory
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|