64x8 Bits OTP (One-Time Programmable) IP, X-FAB 0.18μm XH018 Modular Mixed Signal
Imagination and Andes collaborate to enable ultra-low power connected microprocessors for IoT
London, UK – 26th February 2019 – Imagination Technologies and Andes Technology, the prominent CPU IP provider specialising in low-power, high-performance 32/64-bit processor IP cores, announce that they are working together to integrate the new N22 RISC-V MCU IP from Andes with Ensigma low-power IP for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, IEEE 802.15.4 and GNSS to provide a fully integrated, off-the-shelf solution for the IoT market.
To date, Andes’ customers have cumulatively shipped 3.5 billion SoCs. In 2018, there were an extraordinary 1 billion shipments containing its CPU IP, covering a wide range of applications. Examples are AI and Machine Learning (ML), audio, Bluetooth, gaming, GPS, IoT, MCU, sensor fusion, SSD controllers, touch screen and TDDI controllers, USB 3.0 storage, voice recognition, Wi-Fi, and wireless charger.
With over 30 supported wireless standards, Ensigma has the widest range of wireless IP solutions in the market. With a complete solution, including RF, digital baseband MAC/PHY complimented by pre-compliance for regulatory and Wi-Fi Alliance certification, Ensigma is the only source of an end-to-end IP solution for low power connectivity.
The combined Imagination and Andes solution is ideal for applications including home automation, health devices, location tracking, sensors, smart meters, security and wearables. It delivers low power consumption, long wireless connectivity ranges and processing power capable of running IoT software stacks.
Frankwell Lin, President, Andes Technology, say; “RISC-V is a compact, modular and extensible architecture, which can be applied to many applications. The 2-stage pipeline N22 is the smallest RISC-V core in our V5 family but delivers an impressive performance of 3.93 CoreMark/MHz. It also can reach over 750MHz at TSMC 28nm under worst case conditions. The combination of Andes’ industry leading RISC-V processor IPs with the wide range of connectivity IPs available from Ensigma, provides the ideal solution for many IoT markets.”
Ron Black, CEO, Imagination Technologies, says; “By working with Andes, we are able to provide a comprehensive solution for customers creating connected RISC-V embedded devices, enabling them to get to market faster and with the knowledge that the solution is based on proven technology, already shipped in volume.”
About Andes Technology
Andes Technology Corporation is a world class creator of innovative high-performance/low-power 32/64-bit processor cores and associated development environment to serve the rapidly growing global embedded system applications. The company delivers superior low power CPU cores, including the emerging RISC-V series, with integrated development environment and associated software and hardware solutions for efficient SoC design. At the end of 2018, the cumulative total of SoCs containing Andes’ CPU IP reached 3.5 billion.
To meet the demanding requirements of today's electronic devices, Andes Technology delivers configurable software/hardware IP and scalable platforms to respond to customers' needs for quality products and faster time-to-market. Andes Technology's comprehensive CPU line includes entry-level, mid-range, high-end, extensible and security families. This extensive line addresses the full range of embedded electronics products, especially for connected, smart and green applications. Beginning in 2017, Andes expanded its product line to provide a comprehensive RISC-V solution. The RISC-V series, Andes V5 family of processors cores, include 32-bit N22 for MCU applications. 32/64-bit N25F/NX25F is for general purpose or floating-point intensive applications and A25/AX25 for Linux-based applications. For more information about Andes Technology, please visit www.andestech.com
About Imagination Technologies
Imagination is a global technology leader whose products touch the lives of billions of people across the globe. The company’s broad range of silicon IP (intellectual property) includes the key processing blocks needed to create the SoCs (Systems on Chips) that power all mobile, consumer and embedded electronics. Its unique software IP, infrastructure technologies and system solutions enable its customers to get to market quickly with complete and highly differentiated SoC platforms. Imagination’s licensees include many of the world’s leading semiconductor manufacturers, network operators and OEMs/ODMs who are creating some of the world’s most iconic products. See: www.imgtec.com.
Search Silicon IP
Imagination Technologies Group plc Hot IP
- Andes Technology Unveils the AndesCore™ D23, a Feature-Rich, Low-Power and Highly-Secured Entry-Level RISC-V Processor
- Minima Processor and Arm Collaborate on Ultra-Low Power Solutions for Mobile and IoT
- Atmel and MXCHIP Collaborate to Bring Ultra-low Power Wi-Fi Platform With Secure Cloud Access for Internet of Things Applications
- Ultra-low power 'Whisper' architecture raises the bar for connectivity IP in IoT, wearables and more
- Andes Technology's N25F RISC-V Processor Enables Superior Performance And Low Power For Phison's X1 Enterprise SSD Controller
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Microchip Slashes Time to Innovation with Industry's Most Power-Efficient Mid-Range FPGA Industrial Edge Stack, More Core Library IP and Conversion Tools
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Andes Technology Showcases Pioneering RISC-V CPU IP Solutions at RISC-V Summit Europe
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Intel Foundry Services Ushers in a New Era
- Chiplet Pioneer Eliyan Achieves First Silicon in Record Time with Implementation in TSMC 5nm Process, Confirms Most Efficient Chiplet Interconnect Solution in the Multi-Die Era
- MediaTek Partners With NVIDIA to Provide Full-Scale Product Roadmap to the Automotive Industry
- Semidynamics announces largest, fully customisable Vector Unit in the RISC-V market, delivering up to 2048b of computation per cycle for unprecedented data handling
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|