The 10 Gigabit Ethernet PCS/PMA (10GBASE-R) is a no charge Xilinx LogiCORE which provides a XGMII interface to a 10 Gigabit Ethernet MAC and implements a 10.3125 Gbps serial single channel PHY providing a direct connection to a XFP using the XFI electrical specification or SFP+ optical module using SFI electrical specification. This optical module can be connect to a 10GBASE-SR, -LR or –ER optical link.
The demand for 10G Ethernet is being driven in the data center as internet data traffic continues to grow. LAN application include Storage Area Networking (SAN), aggregation of 1G Ethernet links, and switch to switch links in the data center, equipment room or in different buildings.
- Designed to 10-Gigabit Ethernet specification IEEE 802.3-2008 clause 49
- Optional Management Data Interface (MDIO) interface to manage PCS/PMA registers according to specification IEEE 802.3-2008 clause 45
- No-Cost core available under SignOnce license program
- Delivered through the Xilinx CORE Generator™ Software
- Supports LAN mode only
- SDR XGMII interface connects seamlessly to the Xilinx 10G Ethernet MAC
- Implements integrated 64/66 Decode/Encode Scrambler/Descrambler, Gearbox, and Test Pattern Generator/Checker in GTH silicon