The MPEG-1/2 – Layer I/II Audio Encoder (CWda74) is a software IP for encoding audio streams. It is designed to run on our CWdaXYZ audio engine platform, which supports encoding and decoding of multiple streams in multiple formats on a single device.
The user can load the CWda74 program through a parallel AMBA APB or serial SPI interface into one or more of the processors in the system. The program can be configured, run and monitored by means of a configuration, control, and status register file, accessed by the same control interface.
The audio input and output interfaces include a native parallel interface. Other interfaces, such as, I2S/TDM and SPDIF/AES3 are also available.
- MPEG-1/2 - Layer I/II encoders are compliant with ISO/IEC 11172-3 and 13818-3 audio standards, using Fraunhofer IIS high quality software
- Channel modes: mono, dual mono, stereo, and joint stereo
- Supported sample rates: 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1 and 48 kHz
- 16 to 24-bit input audio resolution
- Requires 300 kB of internal or external memory
- Configurable latency (minimum: 1 frame) useful to synchronize with other sources (e.g. video)
- Software interface protocol for commands, configuration and monitoring
- Parameter change while muting or repeating one frame
- Real time operation @75 MHz
- Compact hardware implementation –fits economically in FPGAs
- Low operation frequency
- Low power consumption
- Small external memory footprint
- Program binary
- Software manual
- Netlist or RTL
- Implementation constraints
- Hardware datasheet
Block Diagram of the MPEG-1/2 - Layer I/II Audio Encoder