Reference current and voltage source (RS) is used to supply analog blocks. It is based on bandgap reference voltage source, forming temperature compensated voltage, and two voltage - to - current converters. First converter uses an external resistor and output current has weak temperature dependence. Second converter uses an internal resistor and output matches internal resistor temperature and process variations.
RS has an internal temperature sensor (TS). The main principle of work is digitizing output voltage of current-biased p-n junction using SAR ADC, based on R2R 10-bit DAC. Die temperature is calculated with the following expression: Temp = (907 - code)*0.38 – 40 (should be verified during evaluation). Digital controller is included in control logic. Here analog part of the block is shown.
- TSMC CMOS 65 nm.
- Output voltage 1.12 V.
- Temperature-compensated voltage in wide temperature range.
- Low current consumption.
- Temperature sensor.
- Small area.
- Supported foundries: TSMC, UMC, Global Foundries, SMIC, iHP, AMS, Vanguard, SilTerra, X-FAB.
- Schematic or NetList.
- Layout or blackbox.
- Extracted view (optional).
- DRC, LVS, antenna report.
- Test bench with saved configurations (optional).