VMP3 is VINJEY implementation of MPEG Audio Decoder. MPEG Audio is part of MPEG-1(11172-3) and MPEG-2(13818-3) standards from MPEG group. MPEG Audio format defines format for three different layers (Layer 1, 2, 3) with MPEG layer 3 popularly known as MP3.
VMP3 supports decoding of MPEG1/2 Layer 1,2,3 bitstreams. VMP3 has been developed from scratch keeping in mind MIPS and Memory requirements of resource constrained embedded devices. VMP3 fully supports both Low Sampling Frequency and Multichannel extensions provided as part of MPEG 2 standard.
- Simple Application Program Interface (API) for decoding.
- Ported onto wide variety of DSP Platform.
- Optimized Implementation for DSP platforms.
- Sample Application to aid faster integration.
- Comprehensive error report and extensive testing.
- Bit accurate PC code.
- C Source Code/Library
- Sample applications
- Test Suite and Playback applications