For UltraScale and UltraScale+ device support, refer to the 10G/25G Ethernet Subsystem
The 10 Gigabit Ethernet subsytem provides a 10 Gigabit Ethernet MAC and PCS/PMA in 10GBASE-R/KR modes to provide a 10 Gigabit Ethernet port. The transmit and receive data interfaces use AXI4-Stream interfaces. An optional AXI4-Lite interface is used for the control interface to internal registers.
The 10G Ethernet IP core enables 1-step and 2-step 1588 hardware time stamping delivered through IP Integrator with 10GBASE-R. This IP core utilizes the Xilinx 10G Ethernet MAC IP core connected to the 10GBASE-R or 10GBASE-KR IP.The control interface to internal registers is via a 32-bit AXI Lite Interface.The transmit and receive data interface is via the AXI4-Streaming interface. There is no additional charge for access to the 10G Ethernet Subsystem. However, 10G Ethernet MAC and 10GBASE-KR are fee based IP cores and you will need to have the proper licensing keys based upon your configuration requirements.
- AXI4-Stream protocol support on client TX and RX interfaces
- Configured and monitored through an optional AXI-Lite Management Data interface or using status and configuration vectors
- Supports 10GBASE-SR, -LR and -ER optical links in Zynq-7000, Virtex-7 and Kintex-7 devices, and UltraScale devices (LAN mode only)
- supports 10GBASE-KR backplane links including Auto-Negotiation (AN), Training and Forward Error Correction (FEC)
- Supports Deficit Idle Count
- Comprehensive statistics gathering
- Supports 802.3 and 802.1Qbb flow control
- Supports VLAN and jumbo frames
- Customer Preamble mode
- Independent TX and RX Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) frame length
- Supports high accuracy IEEE Standard 1588-2008 1-step and 2-step timestamping on a 10GBASE-R network interface
- For 7-Series and legacy UltraScale designs please refer to the Documentation tab on this page