The Northwest Logic DMA Back-End Core provides high-performance, scatter-gather DMA operation in a flexible fashion. This enables the core to be easily integrated and used in a wide variety of DMA-based systems.
Key features which contribute to this flexibility include:
• Works with Northwest Logic soft Expresso Cores and FPGA hard cores
• Can be configured with multiple independent DMA Engines which each have their own user interface
• Supports Packet/Block and Addressed/Non-addressed transfers
• Supports host –based and local descriptors
• Supports legacy, MSI, MSI-X interrupts
Using the core eliminates the need for the user to implement their own DMA design significantly reducing development time and risk.
In addition, Northwest Logic provides companion Windows and Linux DMA Drivers. The DMA Driver works hand-in-hand with the DMA Back-End Core to implement host-based, scattergather DMA operation.
Northwest Logic also provides board support packages for a wide variety of Northwest Logic and third party PCI Express boards. This support packages including a working FPGA design, Driver and GUI binaries. Contact Northwest Logic for more information.
Northwest Logic also provides a complete set of quick-turn design services including IP Customization and Logic, Board, Software Development services. Contact Northwest Logic for a quote.
- Provides high performance, scattergather DMA operation
- Works with Northwest Logic Expresso Cores and FPGA PCI Express hard cores
- Can be configured with multiple independent DMA Engines
- Supports Packet/Block and Addressed/ Non-addressed transfers
- Provides simple Target and Register interfaces
- Supports 32 and 64 bit system addressing
- Supports legacy, MSI, MSI-X interrupts
- Fully hardware validated and PCI-SIG certified
- Companion Windows and Linux DMA Drivers available
- Provided with a PCI Express Testbench
- Delivered fully integrated with target PCI Express core
- Minimal ASIC gate count
- Source code available
- Customization and Integration services available
- Core (Netlist or Source Code)
- Testbench (Source Code)
- Complete Documentation
- Expert Technical Support & Maintenance Updates