The Arasan MIPI CSI-2 Receiver IP Core functions as a MIPI Camera Serial Interface Receiver, between a peripheral device (Camera module) and a host processor (baseband, application engine). The Arasan MIPI CSI-2 Receiver IP provides a standard, scalable, low-power, high-speed interface that supports a wide range of higher image resolutions.
Arasan MIPI CSI-2 Receiver is compliant to MIPI CSI-2 v2.1 specification and supports DPHY v2.1 and the MIPI C-PHY v1.2.
Arasan offers the C-PHY in a combination configuration that supports both C-PHY interfaces and D-PHY interfaces. Our implementation makes efficient use of the high frequency signally pins for a minimal overhead to support both physical interfaces.
- Use of either D-PHY/C-PHY by user configuration
- Different Configuration allowed for multiple use cases
- 4-Lanes/8-Lanes D-PHY / 3-Lanes C-PHY
- Lane is configurable depending on the bandwidth requirements of the application, up to 8-lanes for DPHY and up to 3-lanes for C-PHY
- High Speed (HS) receiver rates of 182Mbps (80Msps) to 6840Mbps (3Gsps) per lane with C-PHY interface
- High Speed (HS) receiver rates of 80Mbps to 1500Mbps per lane without calibration, 1500Mbps to 2500 Mbps with skew calibration and 2500Mbps to 4500Mbps with equalization in D-PHY interface
- Supports for Ultra Low Power Mode (ULPS)
- Supports for Alternate Low Power State (ALPS) in CPHY mode
- Single (or) Optional Multi-Pixel mode interface to ISP. The multi-pixel mode is used in high bandwidth requirement applications to lower the ISP clock frequency requirement.
- Optional Pixel Level Interface to ISP with HSYNC, VSYNC, DATA and DATA VALID
- Streams the received pixels onto eight data channels (customizable) based on the channel configuration from ISP
- Separate data channel for the short generic packets
- Support for all packet level errors, Protocol Decoding Level errors
- Support for cut-though (or) store and forward mode FIFO. Cut-through mode makes use of shallow Memory for memory critical applications.
- Optional support for Compressed data formats
- Optional support for different error counting
- Pixel formats supported
- RAW data type – RAW6,RAW7,RAW8, RAW10, RAW12, RAW14,RAW16, RAW20
- YUV data type – YUV422-8bit, YUV422-10bit, Legacy YUV420 8-bit,YUV420 10-bit,YUV420 8-bit (Chroma Shifted Pixel Sampling),YUV420 10-bit (Chroma Shifted Pixel Sampling)
- RGB data type – RGB888, RGB666, RGB565, RGB555, RGB444
- All user Defined data types / JPEG
- Generic 8-bit long packet data types
- Host interface for register configuration and monitoring
- Used for programming both CSI-2 and PHY related registers. Reserved address space [0x00 – 0x0F] for the PHY related registers.
- Optional support for the AHB/APB Interface
- Fully compliant to MIPI standard
- Small footprint
- Code validated with Spyglass
- Functionality ensured with comprehensive verification
- Product quality proven with silicon
- Premier direct support from Arasan IP core designers
- Verilog HDL of the IP core
- User guide
- Synthesis scripts
- Lint report
- CDC report
- Verilog test suite
- Gate count estimation available upon request
Block Diagram of the MIPI CSI-2 Receiver v 2.1 IP Core