Gigabit Ethernet Media Access Control (MAC) SystemVerilog OVC VIP is fully documented,off-the-shelf component for the Developers of the Gigabit Ethernet MAC. Full Programmability and versatility of the OVC enables connection to any standard IEEE 802.3 based GEMAC device and supports application of Stimulus to the generic microcontroller Interface as well as PHY Interface
The GEMAC OVC based VIP provides a concise, declarative mechanism to code the specification of sequences of events and activities of Gigabit Ethernet MAC Protocol. This methodology provides the best framework to achieve coverage driven verification.
GEMAC VIP is developed using the OVM Class Library that includes ovm_sequence, ovm_driver etc. base classes and capabilities to create modular, reusable components. This methodology combines automatic test generation, self-checking test benches and coverage metrics to significantly reduce the time spent verifying a design under test.
Silicon Interfaces ’GEMAC core implements the Ethernet Media Access Control (MAC) protocol according to IEEE 802.3 specification. The MAC has a standard Gigabit Media Independent Interface (GMII) to connect to any PHY interface. A single channel MAC with PCI controller would provide an ideal solution for inexpensive NIC cards.
- Fully OVM-compliant and completely configurable with SystemVerilog environment, as per user requirements and OVM user guide for OVC’s.
- Accurately verifies IEEE 802.3 standard Gigabit Ethernet MAC specifications.
- Application of Stimulus to the Generic Microcontroller Interface as well as PHY Interface.
- OVM based transactions using monitors, checkers and scoreboards.
- Supports scoreboard checking.
- Built in Coverage model implemented for all transaction types.
- Built in Monitors for protocol monitoring and checking.
- Provides checking of valid Inter Packet Gap.
- Support for checking of normal as well as VLAN tagged Packets.
- Supports checking of Pause Frames.
- Provides Checkers for Minimum and Maximum payload sizes, for both normal as well as VLAN tagged Packets.
- Checkers to determine validity of Preamble bits along with SFD.
- Separate Configuration file for Parameter definitions.