Gigabit Ethernet Media Access Control (MAC) SystemVerilog OVM VIP is fully documented, off-the-shelf component for the Developers of the Gigabit Ethernet MAC.
Gigabit Ethernet Media Access Control (MAC) OVM VIP provides a concise, declarative mechanism to code the specification of sequences of events and activities of Gigabit Ethernet MAC Protocol.
Gigabit Ethernet MAC OVM VIP is developed using the OVM Class Library that provides ovm_sequence, ovm_driver etc. base classes and capabilities, that are used in dynamic simulation of Gigabit Ethernet MAC based design.
The OVM methodology provides the best framework to achieve coverage driven verification. The coverage driven verification combines automatic test generation, self-checking testbenches, and coverage metrics to significantly reduce the time spent verifying a design under test.
- OVM compliant verification Environment
- Accurately verifies IEEE 802.3 standard Gigabit Ethernet MAC specifications
- Full programmability and versatility of the VIP allows connection to any standard Gigabit Ethernet MAC device
- Application of Stimulus to the Generic Microcontroller Interface as well as PHY Interface
- Provides checking of valid Inter Packet Gap
- Support for checking of normal as well as VLAN tagged Packets
- Supports checking of Pause Frames
- Provides Checkers for Minimum and Maximum payload sizes, for both normal as well as VLAN tagged Packets
- Checkers to determine validity of Preamble bits along with SFD
- Separate Configuration file for Parameter definitions
- Architected with Protocol Checkers, Scoreboard and Monitor
- Supports scoreboard checking
- Built in Coverage model implemented for all transaction types
- Built in Monitors for protocol monitoring and checking