The CMS0033 ATSC 8-VSB modulator with integrated Channel Coder has been designed specifically to implement the 8-VSB requirements of the ATSC Digital Television Standard (A/53).
The core provides all the necessary processing for 8VSB modulation of a single transport stream. Supported output formats include baseband I/Q and IF.
Every effort has been made to keep the size of the block to an absolute minimum in order to target the low-cost FPGA families, however this has not been at the expense of functionality.
- Compliant with ATSC A/53 8-VSB
- Variable sample-rate interpolation provides ultra-flexible clocking strategy
- Integrated Reed Solomon/Convolutional channel coder
- Automatic insertion of Segment Sync, Field Sync and Pilot signals
- Extension core available for SPI/ASI interface with integrated PCR TS re-stamping.
- Extension core available for SMPTE 310M interface with DPLL timing synchronisation
- Flexible DAC interface compatible with baseband I/Q and IF DAC subsystems
- Optional interface to Analog Devices AD9857 DDS DAC
- Modes that are not required may be removed with synthesis options to generate a compact, efficient design.
- Designed for very efficient FPGA implementation without compromise to the targeting of gate array or standard cell structures.
- Supplied as a protected bitstream or netlist (“megacore” also available for Altera targets).