This product specification defines the architecture, hardware (signal) interface, software (register) interface and parameterization options for the LogiCORE™ IP AXI IIC Bus Interface module. This module connects to the Advanced Microcontroller Bus Architecture (AMBA®) specification’s Advanced eXtensible Interface (AXI) and provides a low-speed, two-wire, serial bus interface to a large number of popular devices. AXI IIC supports all features, except highspeed mode, of the Philips I2C-Bus Specification.
- AXI interface is based on the AXI4-Lite interface
- Master or slave operation
- Multi-master operation
- Software selectable acknowledge bit
- Arbitration lost interrupt with automatic mode switching from master to slave
- Calling address identification interrupt with automatic mode switching from master to slave
- START and STOP signal generation and detection