The DVB CSA3 Descrambler IP Core is a security core that supports the latest generation of conditional access specifications licensed by the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) and adopted by the Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) consortium .
The DVB CSA3 Descrambler Core is targeted at DVB receiver applications and implements a flow-through decryption core supporting the ETSI specified Common Scrambling Algorithm (CSA) version 3.
DVB CSA3 was designed to replace DVB CSA2 Common Scrambling Algorithm. This new specification provides more robust protection against attacks on video decoders that could seriously compromise the digital Pay-TV industry because DVB is a popular standardized technology used in Europe and other global regions for digital terrestrial and satellite TV. Another important improvement of the DVB CSA3 is that besides supporting DVB MPEG-2 Transport Streams, it can be used for new types of content and streams including IP-based content formats used in IPTV.
- CSA descrambler flow-through core
- Maximum clock frequency: 270 MHz in 40nm
- Flow-through architecture
- Ingress and egress FIFO depth configurable at build time
- Key size - 128 bits
- 100K ASIC gates
- Highly integrated
- SoC/ASIC developers and embedded system OEMs benefit from
- Reduced time to market
- Reduced risk
- Highly tuned solutions for performance, power and size
- IP developed by industry experts through a structured and rigorous development and verification program
- Verilog HDL
- Sample synthesis script & constraints
- Sample simulation script