CoreFFT v4.0 makes use of radiation-protected, multiply-accumulate blocks embedded on-chip in Actel's radiation-tolerant RTAX-DSP FPGA devices to deliver a flexible, fully configurable radix-2 decimation-in-time (DIT) burst I/O FFT for high reliability, radiation-tolerant applications. FFT functions are used in a broad range of applications, including audio, digital communications, measurements, control and biomedical.
FFT processing often handles data in bursts with gaps between data. Fixed configuration FFTs maintain extensive memory buffering, which is unused in these burst-rest-burst applications. CoreFFT v4.0 provides a minimal buffering option to address this scenario.
CoreFFT can also be user-configured to instantiate a buffered configuration in order to improve butterfly utilization and consequently reduce average transformation time.
FFT algorithm implementations using CoreFFT v4.0 are optimized to make full use of the on-chip, embedded, radiation-protected multiply-accumulate blocks provided in Actel's RTAX-DSP FPGA devices. CoreFFT not only frees radiation-tolerant FPGA fabric, but also delivers an increased upper data width limit to reduce quantization noise, which is a significant benefit for large FFT sizes.
CoreFFT v4.0 delivers sophisticated FFT filtering capability to DSP applications in high reliability, radiation-tolerant spaceflight applications.
Note that CoreFFT v4.0 only supports the RTAX-DSP FPGA family with on-chip multiplier blocks. Other Actel FPGA families are limited to CoreFFT v3.0.
- Highly parameterizable DirectCore RTL generator optimized for the RTAX-DSP family
- Forward and inverse complex FFT
- Transform sizes from 32 to 8,192 points
- 8 to 32 bits I/O real and imaginary data and twiddle coefficients
- Two's complement I/O data
- Bit-reversed or natural output order
- Selection of unconditional or conditional block floating point scaling
- Embedded RAM-block-based twiddle LUT
- Built-in memory buffers with optional extensive or minimal memory buffering configurations
- Handshake signals to facilitate easy interface to user circuitry
- CoreFFT is optimized for use in the following devices in the RTAX-DSP family: