Public key cryptography requires complex mathematical operations on very large numbers (from 160- to 4096-bits, or more). The majority of the CPUs are limited to operations on 32- and 64-bits values and require a significant amount of computational resources when implementing these security algorithms.
The CLP-300 is a co-processor dedicated to the computationally intensive elements of the mathematics required for RSA operations as well as the algorithms used in prime field Elliptic Curve Cryptography. CLP-300 integrates seamlessly with the EllipsysTM toolkit, and the designer can accelerate the asymmetric cryptography required in public key algorithms to reach performance levels that are not achievable in a software only solutions.
- Offloads the computationally intensive parts of public key cryptography.
- Support for AMBA/AHB, AMBA/AXI and synchronous RAM slave interfaces
- Highly configurable at build time
- Configurable firmware memory type - RAM, ROM or mixed
- Ellipsys toolkit for RSA, Diffe-Hellman, DSA
- Ellipsys toolkit for prime field ECC operations such as ECDSA and ECDH
- Configure build option for optimal solution for target application
- Verilog HDL
- Sample synthesis script and constraints
- Sample simulation script
Block Diagram of the High Performance RSA and ECC Public Key Acclerator