The KSM1 core implements Kasumi encryption in compliance with the ETSI SAGE specification. It processes 64-bit blocks using 128-bit key.
Basic core is very small (5,500 gates). Enhanced versions are available that support various cipher modes (ECB, CBC, OFB, CFB, CTR.
The design is fully synchronous and available in both source and netlist form. Test bench includes the Kasumi test vectors.
KSM1 core is supplied as portable Verilog (VHDL version available) thus allowing customers to carry out an internal code review to ensure its security.
- Encryption using the Kasumi Block Cipher Algorithm
- Since all practical uses of Kasumi utilize only the encryption operation, decryption is not part of the core
- High throughput: up to 3 Gbps in 65 nm process
- Small size: from 5.5K ASIC gates
- Satisfies ETSI SAGE Kasumi specification and 3GPP TS 35.202
- Processes 64-bit data blocks
- Use 128-bit key
- Completely self-contained: does not require external memory
- Available as fully functional and synthesizable Verilog, or as a netlist for popular programmable devices and ASIC libraries
- Deliverables include test benches
- Smallest Kasumi core on the market
- Verilog, source, Verilog self-checking test bench, test vectors