The CMS0024 multi-channel DVB-C/J83 modulator is fully compliant with the European, US and Japanese downlink cable Standards DVB-C EN 300 429 and ITU J83 Annexes A/B/C (including DOCSIS 1.1/2.0). The core provides all the necessary functions between transport stream input and a modulated QAM output.
The core can be configured to support from one to four FDM channels with additional (independent) channels accommodated by the instantiation of multiple single or multi-channel cores per FPGA.
Multi-channel J.83B designs can operate either from internal memory (short interleaving modes) or from shared external memory (long interleaving modes) by means of a versatile access controller.
Typical applications of the CMS0024 include head-end video and broadband data transmissions systems (CMTS), cable modem test equipment and point-to-point (PTP) or point-to-multipoint microwave radio links.
A range of synthesis options allows the core to be tailored for any particular application..
- Modulation accuracy > 45dB (MER).
- Variable symbol rate interpolation.
- Software selectable channel filter.
- On-chip or off-chip interleaver
- Head-end digital video and broadband data (CMTS) transmission systems.
- Next generation, bandwidth-on-demand CMTS systems employing channel- bonding.
- ASI/SPI interface with TS PCR rate adaptation.
- Optimised for Altera.
- Evaluation boards available.