The JPEG 2000 encoder IP core encodes YUV 4:2:2 frames up to 1080p or larger and generates compressed stream which are compliant with the ISO/IEC 15444-1 specifications (JPEG 2000). This IP is the complement of the BA129 low-latency JPEG2000 decoder IP, to which it can be directly connected.
The core performs the following video compression operations of the normalized encoding process: discrete wavelet transform (DWT), quantization, entropy encoding, rate allocation and stream packetizing.
It accepts pixels on its input interface with up to 12 bits per color components and it generates a JPEG 2000 stream at its output interface. Optional modules allow for video interfacing, and temporary output stream buffering facilitating integration in the user application.
The BA130 IP provides a single-chip FPGA solution for 720p30-180, 1080i30-180 and 1080p30-90 video modes, with a total pixel-to-pixel latency below 10ms for 1080i/p60, below 5ms for 1080i/p120 and below 3ms for 1080i/p180 when used together with the BA129 decoder.
- Sub-frame latency encoding (< 6ms)
- Full image encoding (no tiling)
- Compliant with JPEG 2000 (ISO/IEC 15444-1)
- Integrated Intellectual Property (IP) core for JPEG 2000
- Single-chip FPGA solution:
- HD: 720p30-180, 1080i30-180, 1080p30-90
- DCI: 2K, 4K
- Custom frame sizes up to 8K or larger
- Customizable output bit rate: up to 200Mbps / 400Mbps
- YUV 4:2:2 color space
- Supported JPEG 2000 parameters:
- Pixel depth: up to 12 bits per color component
- Flexible Tier-2 for rate allocation
- Quality: quantization, weights, …
- Minimal user intervention
- Can be integrated with Barco Silex cryptography cores for advanced stream protection