Display port is the serial communication protocol developed by Video Electronics Standards Association to support the video,audio and other data between a source device and sink device. Display port VIP can be used to verify transmitter or Receiver device following the Display port basic protocol as defined in Display port.
- Full eDP source device and sink device functionality.
- eDP 1.3 compliant and based on display port specs 1.2.
- Support transmitter and Receiver Mode
- Supports multi lanes upto 4 lanes.
- Supports main link, Aux link and Hot plug functionality.
- Supports packing of all the video formats supported by the display port
- Supports HPD based link training.
- Supports interlane skew insertion in transmitter mode
- Supports deskew in sink device mode
- Supports scrambler as in Display port specification
- Scrambler can enabled or disabled dynamically.
- Support on the fly generation of data.
- Detects and reports the following errors.
- Invalid control character
- Invalid data character
- Invalid 10bit code
- Sync errors
- Scrambler errors
- Single and multi bit ECC errors
- Invalid packing injection and detection
- Monitors, detects and notifies the test bench of significant events such as transactions, warnings, timing and protocol violations.
- Status counters for various events on bus.
- Re-transmission of corrupted messages.
- eDP Verification IP comes with complete testsuite to test every feature of eDP specification.
- Functional coverage for complete eDP features.
- Supports constraints Randomization.
- Callbacks in node transmitter, receiver and monitor for user processing of data.
- Faster testbench development and more complete verification of Display port designs.
- Easy to use command interface simplifies testbench control and configuration of receiver and transmitter.
- Simplifies results analysis.
- Runs in every major simulation environment.
- Complete source code of Transmitter, Receiver and monitor.
- Complete regression suite containing all the Display port testcases.
- Examples's showing how to connect various components, and usage of Transmitter, Receiver and Monitor.
- Detailed documentation of all class, task and function's used in verification env.
- Documentation contains User's Guide and Release notes.