H.264 Advanced Video Coding offers a significant reduction in bit-rate over earlier standards-based technologies such as MPEG-2 (65%) and MPEG-4 (40-50%). Coupled with its other features such as enhanced error resilience, ability to effectively handle editing effects, and streaming support, this emerging standard is poised to enable a wide range of applications.
Ittiam's H.264 Decoder complies with the Baseline and Main Profiles of the specifications.
- Fully compliant with ITU-T H.264 recommendation (also known as ISO/IEC 14496-10 or Advanced Video Coding standard)
- Baseline Profile @L3 targets low-end devices for stored playback or streaming and supports progressive video
- Main Profile @ L3 targets broadcast quality video and supports interlaced and progressive video
- Efficient, modular software architecture
- Highly efficient port to TI C64x/DM64x platform
- Verified using JVT exchange bitstreams
- Bit-stream interface at the NAL (Network Adaptation Layer) unit level
- Output video format : 4:2:0 planar YUV