There is a constant growing demand for wireless technology for industrial automation, smart grids, sensor networks, rural connectivity and in terrestrial defence networks for tactical communications, where broad band link is to be established over unlicensed spectrum or white spaces. WiMAX as a technology is filling most of such wireless network demands. Most of these applications require a technology which is proven and affordable. WiMAX system with its simplicity in core network is finding its application in these areas. With its vast engineering background in Wireless Communications, Lekha understands the end customer requirements of such applications and has the necessary expertise to take the solution to deployment. Lekha’s Mobile Station Solution is a complete Hardware and Software solution developed on a low powered System on Chip (SoC) device which helps ODMs/OEMs to develop hand held or vehicle mounted mobile station. The MS solution is designed considering low powered battery operation with support for all the power saving classes. Ideal for ruggedized high power modems on SDRs, required in mission critical, defence and M2M kind of deployments. The solution is ready for manufacturing and deployment. It is fully compliant with IEEE802.16e-2009 Mobile WiMAX specification. The solution is WiMAX Forum’s Wave 2 certifiable. MS is interoperated with leading WiMAX BS solutions.
- Broadband wireless connection of 30 Mbps
- Initial Scanning for Best BS selection
- Mobility and Handover support
- 2X2 MIMO, Collaborative SM
- ARQ, HARQ
- TDD mode with configurable UL/DL ratio
- Channel Band Width – 3.5 MHz, 5 MHz, 7 MHz & 10 MHz.
- Operating Frequency 2.3 GHz to 2.7 GHz or 4.9 GHz to 5.9 GHz or 3.3 GHz to 3.8 GHz.
- Transmit Power 22 dBm.
- Energy efficient with fully tested Idle and Sleep modes.
- XML based configuration management.
- CLI based debug and user interface
- Ready to deploy MS solution.
- Easily customizable.
- Support for Integration, porting on different platform and productization.
- Applications include Public Utility Networks, Smart Energy Grids, Mission critical and high availability, communication, Defence Networks, Disaster Management.
- Licensable in binary and C source code.
- MAC CPS and CS. C and assembly source code for WiMAX PHY for picoArray DSP. PCT, IOT and feature Test report.
- RF transceiver card driver. Schematics for the base band reference board. Schematics for RF card. Detailed Architecure and Design document. Source code for the FPGA that supports Radio interface.
Block Diagram of the Wave 2 Compliant, Deployment ready Mobile WiMAX MS with Physical Layerstack, MAC protocol stack, Radio Module and associated drivers