The DVB-C modulator is fully compliant with the European, US and Japanese downlink cable standards DVB-C and ITU J83 Annexes A/B/C (including DOCSIS 1.1/2.0). The core provides all the necessary functions between transport stream input and a modulated QAM output.
Typical applications of the DVB C Modulator include head-end video and broadband data transmissions systems (CMTS), cable modem test equipment and point-to-point (PTP) or point-to-multipoint microwave radio links.
- Modulation accuracy > 45dB (MER).
- Variable symbol rate interpolation.
- Software selectable channel filter.
- On-chip or off-chip interleaver memory.
- Single or multiple standards per core.
- Multiple cores provide > 1 channel.
- Optional internal IF conversion.
- Optional noise source.
Block Diagram of the DVB C Modulator IP IP Core