The DesignWare® IP Prototyping Kit for SATA 6G Host and SATA 6G Device centers around a complete, out-of-the-box reference design that consists of a validated IP configuration and necessary SoC integration logic, implemented on Synopsys’ HAPS®-DX FPGA-based prototyping system.
With a proven reference design for the IP, designers can be instantly productive, enabling them to accelerate the integration of IP into their target SoC, optimize the IP configuration, and develop drivers and software applications with real world I/Os and hardware. The prototyping kit takes advantage of Synopsys’ HAPS Developer eXpress (HAPS-DX) system to provide prototyping hardware and software automation tools. Scripts and configuration files enable fast iteration.
The IP Prototyping Kit can be used as a physical target for early software bring-up, debug and test concurrently with SoC development. Out-of-the-box support for Linux OS and Windows ensures that software developers are up and running instantly and can focus on the IP specific software (e.g., drivers, bootcode, firmware). The kits plugs into existing software tool chains and interfaces seamlessly with popular embedded software debuggers, providing system-wide debug and analysis capabilities.
- DesignWare SATA 6G Host Controller or DesignWare SATA 6G Device Controller
- Includes DesignWare SATA 6G PHY IP daughter board
- Power management, clock reset and control block
- PCIe Endpoint with AXI (Host) or AHB (Device) interface
- Xilinx Virtex-7 GTH Transceiver PIPE interface
- Pre-instrumented deep-trace debug for most interfaces