The S3REG2520T40LP is a regulator circuit which has been designed to provide 0.9-2.8V with a load current of up to 25mA. The output voltage is programmable.
The S3REG2520T40LP is a regulator circuit that features an automatic feedback sensing option to maintain a constant regulated output voltage level. It has been designed to provide a stable output in both low-drop and high-drop operation, while maintaining minimum ripple on supply lines in the presence of large load current spikes inherent with switching loads, e.g. highspeed ADCs.
The S3REG2520T40LP has been designed to allow low-drop operation (the PMOS pass device has been scaled for a voltage drop of 350mV). To achieve these goals, the S3REG2520T40LP requires a 2.2uF external ceramic capacitor.
The S3REG2520T40LP uses 2.5V thick oxide devices from a standard 40nm logic process. The circuit can be scaled for a range of load currents and the output voltage level is programmable.
For maximum flexibility, the user can adjust the regulated output voltage if the S3REG2520T40LP is placed on a different chip. The S3REG2520T40LP is readily portable to other manufacturing processes or can be customised for specific customer requirements and it’s designed with the Deep-Nwell process option.
- 40nm TSMC Logic LP Process, 8 Metals Used (No Analog Options) with Deep-Nwell
- 2.25V – 3.6V Input Voltage
- 0.9V – 2.8V 3% Output Voltage
- 25mA Load Current
- Low Supply Current: 190μA (@ Vout=1.1V & ILOAD=25mA)
- 350mV Drop Out Voltage
- Stable with 2.2uF Capacitor
- Low Die Area
- Leakage Via Pass Device : 8nA
- Programmable Output Voltage
- Power Down Mode
- For maximum flexibility, the user can adjust the regulated output voltage if the S3REG2516T40LP is placed on a different chip.
- The S3REG2516T40LP is readily portable to other manufacturing processes or can be customized for specific -Nwell process option.
- Characterization Report
- Flat Netlist (cdl)
- Layout View (gds2)
- Abstract View (lef)
- Timing View (lib)
- Behavioural Model (Verilog .v)
- Integration Guidelines and Support
- *Subject to Agreement
- General Purpose Low Drop Out Voltage Regulator
- with BOM Savings
- Very Low Power Applications
Block Diagram of the Low Drop Out Voltage Regulator 25mA