The Synopsys DesignWare® USB-C™ 3.0 and USB 3.0 femtoPHY IP provide designers with a complete physical (PHY) layer IP solution for low-power mobile and consumer applications such as digital cameras, networking and storage as well as next– generation feature-rich smartphones, tablets, digital TVs and media players requiring high throughput USB capability. The DesignWare USB-C 3.0 femtoPHY also offers support for the reversible USB Type-C™ connector. Offering reduced silicon cost and longer battery life, the DesignWare USB-C and USB 3.0 femtoPHY IP offers a small die size with low power consumption. The DesignWare USB-C 3.0 femtoPHY is optimized to reduce pin count by 40% compared to dual-PHY solutions and removes the need for external switch components.
The DesignWare USB-C 3.0 and USB 3.0 femtoPHY IP implement the latest USB-C and USB Battery Charging version 1.2 and USB On-The-Go (OTG) specifications from the USB Implementer’s Forum (USB-IF).
Architected for the industry’s most advanced 1.8V process technologies, the USB-C and USB 3.0 femtoPHY IP are designed with features created to minimize effects due to variations in foundry process, device models, packages, and board parasitics.
The DesignWare USB-C and USB 3.0 femtoPHY IP build on years of customer success with Synopsys’ silicon-proven USB PHY IP product line, which has been ported to over 100 process nodes and configuration combinations ranging from 180-nm to 14/16-nm FinFET. When combined with the DesignWare Dual-Role Device (DRD), Host, or Device digital controllers and verification IP, the DesignWare USB-C and USB 3.0 femtoPHY IP deliver complete low power and small die area solutions for advanced system-on-chip SoC) designs.
- DesignWare USB-C 3.0 femtoPHY IP supports the USB Type-C connector standard
- Designed for easy integration with DesignWare USB 3.0 Controllers
- Designed for advanced 1.8V CMOS planar bulk and FinFET process nodes
- Supports SuperSpeed 5 Gbps data rate and is backward compatible with all USB 2.0 data rates including 480 Mbps (High-Speed), 12 Mbps (Full-Speed) and 1.5 Mbps (Low-Speed)
- Integrates high-speed, mixed-signal custom CMOS circuitry designed to PIPE3 and UTMI+ Level 3 specifications
- Can be used in USB Host, Device and Dual Role Port applications
- Simulation model for digital circuits
- Behavioral models for analog circuits
- Synopsys' PrimeTime® Static Timing Analysis results
- Design Rule Check (DRC) report
- Comprehensive databook