The Chips&Media’s hardware decoder core BODA7503 is a highly optimized high definition, multi-format video engine. The hardware decoder core BODA7503 can decode H.264, MPEG2/4, Divx, H.263, VC-1, RealVideo and AVS formats with the resolution of up to 1920x1080 and the bitrates of up to 40Mbps. It does all the work of decoding CABAC and CAVLC data on the hardware level, covers all existing HD-DVD and Blu-ray discs and pre-configurable decoding format needed.
The cores offload the entire video encode and decode processing to hardware, which minimizes the host CPU resource requirements and provide significant silicon area by sharing large part of sub-modules for each video standards.
The core is designed to work with 32-bit AMBA APB bus and 64-bit AMBA AXI bus and is targeted at a wide range of HD home consumer devices and mobile devices including HDTV, Blu-ray DVD player, HD set-top-box, HD Tablet and High-end smartphone.
- Covers multiple standard in a single core
- ISO/IEC 14496-10 AVC(H.264) BP,MP,HP@L4.1
- ISO/IEC 14496-2 MPEG-4 SP,ASP@L5
- SMPTE 421M-2006 VC-1 SP,MP,AP@L3
- ISO/IEC 13818-2 MPEG-2 MP@HL
- ITU-T H.263(Annex I,J,K,T)
- RealVideo v.8/9/10
- AVS Jizhun @L6.2
- Sorenson Spark
- Supported Resolution
- Supports up to 2048x2048 resolution
- Single HD(1920x1080p) 30fps decoding at 133MHz core clock
- 6SD/D1(NTSC&PAL) 30fps decoding at 133MHz core clock
- H.264 CABAC/CAVLC for lossless compression
- Multi-level clock gating scheme for power saving
- Small silicon area with minimum load on host CPU
- Pre-configurable decoder format enabling SoC designers to optimize for area and power
- Simultaneous decoding of multi-channel multi-format stream.
- Advanced cache-based motion compensation(MC) architecture for reducing memory bandwidth
- Ultra-low power hardware architecture using multi-level clock gating
- Proven performance with system level design that minimizes risk and time-to market
- Fully verified synthesizable RTL source code
- RTL test bench
- S/W User Guide
- Datasheet/Integration Guide
- Verification Guide
- Evaluation platform
Block Diagram of the H.264, MPEG-1/2/4, VC-1(WMV), RV(RMVB), AVS, H.263, Sorenson Decoding support at 1080p 30fps