The DesignWare® ARC™ 725D configurable core is a full-featured high-performance embedded core with best-in-class die area and power characteristics. It is a complete configurable core solution for complex system-on-chips (SoCs) targeted at demanding applications in consumer, networking, automotive and other markets. The DesignWare ARC 725D core’s flexible, configurable memory architecture makes it ideal for RTOS-based applications. Powerful DSP options enable the DesignWare ARC 725D core to perform more of the functions of the SoC, eliminating separate logic or DSP blocks. Optionally, custom instruction extensions may be incorporated, to achieve application performance levels unattainable with fixed architecture cores. CPU Architecture
7-stage scalar, fully interlocked instruction pipeline
Dynamic branch prediction
OS support: User and kernel modes; Precise exceptions
Secure processing: Limited privileges for user tasks; Exception on illegal instruction
Multi-processing support: Synchronization; Atomic exchange
Configurable data buses, 64- or 32-bit
32-bit address buses
Single-cycle instruction CCM (Closely Coupled Memory), 8KB - 512KB
Single-cycle data CCM, 8KB - 256KB
Configurable instruction cache, 8KB - 64KB
Configurable data cache, 8KB - 64KB
Up to 32, two level interrupts
16- and 32-bit instructions for high code density
No overhead for switching between
Single-cycle instruction execution
Up to 190 dual, single or zero operand instructions
Up to 64 directly addressable core registers and 32 conditional execution codes
Flexible addressing modes
26 general purpose registers, extendible to 54
Extendible registers may be special purpose, for wide data processing, data side effects, or data forwarding to other processing elements
32-bit auxiliary register space for single-cycle, unarbitrated data storage and retrieval
16- and 32-bit MUL and MAC instructions
Parallel execution of MUL, MAC and other ALU operations
Saturating arithmetic instructions
Zero overhead loop support
Cache low power features
Sleep mode via software instruction
High efficiency pipeline
On-chip RAM controls
Host Interface/Debug Features
Software and hardware breakpoints with cascadable triggers
JTAG interface to host tools
Debug host can access all registers and CPU memory
Supported by leading debuggers including Green Hills Software and MetaWare®
Configurable ports comply with industry standard AMBA or BVCI
Slave interfaces exposed for loading optional instruction and data CCMs
- Optional DesignWare ARC XY Advanced DSP subsystem delivers the performance of dedicated DSP cores.
- DesignWare ARCompact™ 16-/32-bit Instruction Set Architecture reduces code size by up to 40 percent compared to 32-bit only instruction sets.
- JTAG debug port and optional embedded hardware breakpoints facilitate software debug.
- A highly configurable architecture allows SoC designers to include only the processor features that are required for their specific application, resulting in smaller die size and lower power than can be achieved with a fixed core.
- User-defined instruction and register extensions deliver 5–100 times performance improvement of critical routines.
- Cacheless design and closely coupled (single-cycle) memories provide fast, predictable computation.
- Built-in DSP features include instruction and register extensions that accelerate signal processing algorithms.
- Delivered as synthesizable RTL source code (Verilog®), the DesignWare ARC 625D configurable core is fully compatible with industry standard design methodologies and tool flows
- ARChitect Correct-by-Construction Configuration GUI
- ARChitect Core Extensions Configuration GUI
- Standard & Custom Training
- Support & Maintenance