The SPP-200 SSL/TLS/DTLS PDU Processor, a member of Elliptic's Security Protocol Processors (SPP) family, is a comprehensive solution for three of the most popular secure communication protocols in existence: SSL, TLS and DTLS. These protocols are widely used for VPNs and secure access to email over the Internet, for secure payment transactions on the Internet and a range of other applications.
The SPP-200 supports SSL version 3.0 and TLS versions 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2. Also supported are DTLS versions 1.0 and 1.2. In addition to the protocol specific offload, there are options for further offload for cipher, hash, MAC functions, as well as public key operations and TRNG functions.
- Highly configurable, proven security processor
- Accelerates SSL, TLS and DTLS protocols (SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2, DTLS 1.0, and DTLS 1.2)
- Built-in scatter/gather DMA capability offloads system CPU
- Optimal bus utilization Increased throughput through parallel hashing and encryption
- Command and status FIFO depth selection offers interrupt coalescence
- Dual-clock domain capability to run crypto content in a different clock domain
- Support for big- or little-endian
- Configurable 32- or 64-bit bus interface (AMBA AXI, AMBA AHB, lower level)
- Optional acceleration for high-level SSL,TLS and DTLS handshake functions
- Optional support for all ciphers, hashes and MAC algorithms used in other major protocols such as IPSec, WiMAX, Wi-Fi, 3GPP LTE/LTE-A, SRTP, storage and MACsec
- Optional support for public key operations (ECC and RSA)
- Optional direct access to TRNG
- The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram TLS (DTLS) protocols require computationally intensive security processing.The SPP-200 SSL/TLS/DTLS PDU processor accelerates the record processing of these popular protocols via a highly configurable architecture that can be tuned to provide the exact functionality and performance level required for a specific application.
- The SPP-200 can also accelerate lower level cipher, hash/MAC, random number generation and public key operations, as well as several of the high level functions used during the handshake protocol performed by SSL/TLS/DTLS.
- Verilog HDL
- Sample synthesis script & constraints
- Sample simulation script
Block Diagram of the SSL/TLS/DTLS PDU Processor