RivieraWaves offers a complete silicon-proven WLAN IP solution, encompassing a/b/g MAC platform and protocol software, a/b/g Modem cores and dual band CMOS Radio IP cores, which can be implemented in a variety of different ways. Starting from a single chip solution, to an embedded solution in a System on Chip (SoC) or moving onto a fully integrated solution - all in CMOS, with digital interface (HiSS) and the latest .11e, .11i and .11h extensions.
This, as well as complete portability to the very latest technologies, makes RivieraWaves' WLAN IP solution ideal for power sensitive product applications such as wireless sensor, portable game console or digital cameras - in fact, any application you can think of!
RivieraWaves is offering a licensable and silicon independent 802.11a/b/g MAC and Modem core including the protocol software. Combined with the RivieraWaves' 802.11 a/b/g radio IP or with a third party 802.11 a/b/g radio, it allows customers to quickly develop a high performance and cost effective multi-standard Wireless LAN solutions.
The WLAN MAC and Modem have been WiFi® CERTIFIED for 802.11 a, b, g, h, d, WPA - Personal, WPA2 - Personal and WMM and also support the latest Wi-Fi standards including WPS, WMM-PS, and WMM-AC.
- 802.11a/b/g MAC
- The WLAN MAC core implements the 802.11a/b/g standard with data rates of up to 54Mbit/s. It also supports the 802.11e standard (QoS) and the 802.11i standard (Security) extensions.
- RivieraWaves' profound expertise in wireless communications resulted in the highly optimized MAC core with special focus on low memory and MIPS requirements while maintaining a small gate count. The MAC core interfaces to the ARM standard AMBA bus.
- 802.11a/b/g Modem
- The licensable and silicon independent 802.11a, b and g Modem core can be combined with other cores of the RivieraWaves WLAN IP family or with a third party MAC and Radio and enables customers to quickly develop high performance and cost effective Wireless LAN SoC.
- The a Modem core allows customers to integrate 802.11a modem functionality into standard ICs and ASICs for the next generation Wireless LAN market. It is fully compliant with the IEEE standards and features high data rates up to 54Mbit/s in the 5GHz band based on OFDM technology.
- The b Modem core is fully compliant with the IEEE standards and features high data rates up to 11Mbit/s in the 2.4GHz band using DSSS/CCK technology.
- The g Modem core needs to be plugged onto an 802.11 MAC block to implement the signal processing part of the IEEE 802.11g standard.
- hardware: VHDL RTL, testbench, compilation, simulation and synthesis scripts
- software: C
- test tool running on Windows