You are here:
iSCSI stack (Version 2.0)
- To help storage vendors in developing solutions for IP storage, HCL Technologies (HCLT) has developed an iSCSI stack that is portable and tested for performance and interoperability. HCLT iSCSI stack is developed keeping in mind the importance of the requirement of high throughput. It is portable to other platforms and can be easily integrated in embedded (hardware/firmware) implementations.
- iSCSI is a SCSI transport protocol, which enables transparent communication with SCSI layer. Strict conformance of the IETF draft and understanding of the design issues by observing their origin and resolution on the IPS discussion aliases ensures that the iSCSI stack is interoperable. Portability to various operating systems and performance are the key design criteria.
- Target Audience
- Vendors of: HBA (Host Bus Adapters), Multi-protocol switches, IP storage solutions
- Easily portable to RTOS or embedded OS (hardware/firmware) since it is designed as a reusable component using abstraction layer
- Well-defined interfaces between SCSI and iSCSI
- HCLT hardware and software development services wrapped around iSCSI stack that can be used by vendors integrating this stack in their solutions
- Key Features:
- Conforms to the IETF iSCSI draft 18
- Multiple initiator support at the target
- Login phase including session establishment and parameter negotiation
- Supports discovery session
- Establishing multiple connections per session
- Portals and portal groups on the initiator and the target
- Basic commands such as Login, SCSI command, Task Management, Data-in, Data-out, Logout, and Async
- Scatter - Gather IO support enhancing the overall performance
- Recovery at connection and session level
- The iSCSI stack is tested for its performance with Adaptec HBA driver and the performance test results are measured using the Iometer. Interoperability and performance test results are available on request.
- Product Support: Our product support includes integrated services such as:
- ASIC/FPGA/Board Design
- Application development
- Test Automation
- Interoperability testing
- Initiator, Target
- Configuration Tools
- Readme (contains instructions about installation, usage, uninstallation procedures, and interoperability/performance test results)
View iSCSI stack (Version 2.0) full description to...
see the entire iSCSI stack (Version 2.0) datasheet
- get in contact with iSCSI stack (Version 2.0) Supplier
networking IP storage interoperable portable embedded hardware firmware integration