Dynamic Range compression (DRC) is used in compressing the dynamic range of audio. Widely used in Televisions and Car Audio solutions, the Dynamic Range compression allows audibility of low level sounds and reducing the high level sounds based on lower and upper thresholds without introducing audio distortion.
The conventional DRC operates in time domain, whereas the Multi band DRC operates on each band individually and compresses each band separately, giving a superior audio performance.
- Uses multiple bands to compensate out-performing conventional DRC
- Low memory requirements
- Fully reentrant implementation eases memory allocation and multi instances
- Simple and easy to use API, which allows easy integration
- Highly optimized in assembly for best performance
- Easily extendible to other platforms
- Optimized for target platform
- Can be easily integrated on Android or Linux platforms or non-OS platforms