The OTI9108 is a complete single transceiver front end for data USB PD Type-C (baseband) communications. It has a register interface which, with an MPU, and available Obsidian software, a complete PD port device can be designed.
At $65K for a basic multi-use license The OT9108 is not only the most mature USB Type-C IP available, it is the lowest cost.
- USB PD 3.1 compliant.
- 8 bit register interface for a low speed processor, or optional I2C interface.
- Integrated Chapter 6 protocol reduces required MPU response time to 10mS.
- K code recognition/coding, preamble, CRC, etc load from processor.
- VCONN 200mA foldback and over temperature protected driver switches.
- 3V or 5V VCONN options.
- Supports UFP, DFP, and dual role.
- Supports 1.5A & 3A current modes.
- Single 12MHz clock + 32KHz low power clock.
- Low power: normally operates on 32KHz clock.
- Compliance tested port IP.
- Low cost CMOS process technology.
- <0.7mm2 die area at 180nm.
- Available as IP for integration or as complete chip.
- FPGA based Demo/development board available.
- Very low power - 32KHz powered down operation.
- High maturity - Compliance tested and in volume production with several major OEM's.
- All configurations.
- Low risk - compliance results available for review.
- Supports all specification optional features.
- Lowest price - Obsidian is never knowingly undersold.
- PHY: GDS, verilog model, design review.
- RTL: with Back to back port simulation harness.
- C source code for port policy engine and device policy manager.
- C source code for Windows demo control application.
- Data sheet.
- Compliance test results from demo board.
- ATE vector generator C code.
- Object generator scripts.
- Pre sale on-line source walk-through.
- Demo Board: with installed software, and power supplies for back to back system testing, and for use in compliance testing.
- Power supply
- Bus powered devices
Block Diagram of the Complete USB Type-C Power Delivery PHY, RTL, and Software