Pegasus is NetSpeed’s last level cache (LLC) IP. It is designed to be used with Orion or Gemini and can dramatically reduce critical latencies and improve system throughput in SoCs. System designers tend to think of last level cache (LLC) as primarily an L3 cache, but Pegasus is much more than that. Do you have memory bottlenecks? Are the system resources being shared and reused? Is your system behavior temperamental? Do you have enough RAM? Need further power reduction? Pegasus also offers a runtime scratchpad mode providing the option to use part or all of LLC as directly addressable RAM.
- Pegasus when used along with Gemini can be used to dramatically reduce critical latencies in the SoC as well as improve system throughput.
- Lower Latency: Lower latency between critical IP blocks by placing Pegasus LLCs in design
- DRAM Traffic Smoothing: Increase memory efficiency by using Pegasus as write-buffer
- Power reduction: Lower power by reducing expensive access to off-chip memory
- Tbps of on-chip bandwidth
- The underlying hardware elements, like the coherency controller, coherency directory & NoC router, are designed for supporting higher throughput – Terabits per second – with low footprint. Using these elements, efficient NoC can be built for variety of SoCs - from mobile to enterprise computing & networking.
- Digital Home
- Industrial IoT
Block Diagram of the Last Level Cache IP IP Core