RemoteFX delivers a rich user experience for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) by providing a 3D virtual adapter, intelligent codec and the ability to redirect USB devices in virtual machines. RemoteFX also delivers a rich user experience for session based desktops and RemoteApp programs to a broad range of client devices. The RemoteFX codec is capable of preserving a high-fidelity experience for both video and text.
The RemoteFx Decoder implementation by PathPartner is performance and memory footprint optimized for various generic ARM based platforms. Additionally PathPartner also specializes in porting RemoteFx decoder on other hardware platforms consisting of DSP and hardware accelerator.
- Fully compliant to the Microsoft RDP standard RemoteFx Codec Extension v10.0
- Supports decoding of RemoteFx streams resolution upto 1920×1200(WUXGA).
- Supports multi-monitor upto WUXGA
- Supports both Remote Desktop Session Hosts (RDSH) and Remote Desktop Virtualization Hosts (RDVH) services
- Supports decoding of RemoteFx streams both in Image mode and Video mode
- Supports both RLGR1 and RLGR3 entropy decoding
- Supports ARGB32, RGB565 and YUV422 output color formats
- Dithering is used to improve RGB565 output visual quality
- Easy to integrate APIs